iPoet.com and the Homeless Poets' Cafe
How to Submit a Poem
IMPORTANT READ FIRST: This site features works by, for, and about the 'i'tinerant poet - i.e. the wandering bard, the nomad, the migrant, the vagrant, the dharma bum, the tramp. It is our premise that a special and powerful poetry results from the experiences of such folk, and the iPoet site is intended to highlite these artists and their works. Please keep this in mind when selecting your work for submission and when writing your biography. See the iPoet archive for further explanation.
1) You can email a poem and a brief bio to: Submissions@TwoVotes.org . We will contact you and confirm everything before publishing.
2) Or follow the long-winded instructions and use the fill-in-form below
You can submit a bio and original work of your own, or you can submit a bio and review of someone else's work
. There is a form further down this page.
Be prepared to provide the following:
- FOR YOUR ORIGINAL WORK
- A 100-300 word bio of yourself (subject to our editing and condensation)
- The work (the poem), never edited or condensed)
- (optional) A photo of the yourself or self-portrait artwork (subject to our colorizing and special digital effects). This will need to be emailed to us separately at iPoetPhoto@TwoVotes.org .
- (optional) Please share any copyright concerns or restrictions on use. NOTE: iPoet actively asserts the legal and moral copyright status of all submitting poets. All works are published at iPoet "with notice" to the original author.
- FOR A BIO and/or REVIEW OF ANOTHER POET'S WORK
- A 100-500 word bio of the other poet, and review of that poet's work. Please clarify: Are you the publisher? a friend? a fan? Is the work in the public domain? When was it first published? Is it online elsewhere? (all subject to our editing and condensation)
- The work (the poem), or online address.
- (optional) A photo of the author or your artwork of him/her. (subject to our colorizing and special digital effects). This will need to be emailed to us separately at iPoetPhoto@TwoVotes.org .
Thank you for your submission, any problems or corrections or followup comments to Submissions@TwoVotes.org . Allow two weeks for a reply.
Free email forms